Hunting regulations are numerous, and you'll need to check for any location-specific rules prior to hunting in a WMA or other land. You can generally expect the following ones to apply:
- Resident hunters age 16-64 will need to obtain a hunting license prior to hunting.
- Non-resident hunters under the age of 16 will be required to obtain a hunting license prior to hunting.
- All hunters born after Jan. 1, 1972, will need to take a hunter education safety course prior to hunting.
- There is no hunting one-half hour after sunset to one half-hour before sunrise the following day.
- You may not use bait to trap a wild animal or bird.
- You may not use a hunting dog while hunting turkey.