5 Cool Spots for ATV Off-Roading in Nebraska

5 Cool Spots for ATV Off-Roading in Nebraska

If you want to get out into nature and explore some of the best outdoor trails with your ATV, then Nebraska has a ton of great options for you and your friends. There are plenty of outdoor playgrounds right in your backyard. We’ve gathered 5 awesome places for ATV off-roading in Nebraska that you must visit! 

1. Bessey Ranger District at Nebraska National Forest

ATVs, dirt bikes, snowmobiles, Jeeps, dune buggies, and more, are all permitted in the Bessey Ranger District. This spot is open year-round, and boasts 90,000 acres and 300 miles of roads, sand rails, ATV trails and more. This is an off-roading lover’s paradise.  

2. Fiddler Creek MX Park, Homer, NE

Fiddler Creek is a great motocross park that offers two awesome tracks, one main track and one for beginners. It’s a well-maintained track with friendly members. Membership gets you a key to the track, but you can also check their Facebook page for open rides days. 

3. Cedar Run ATV Trail

Cedar Run offers a great combination of a 470-acre trail and also a nearby campground. The trail is open year-round and recent improvements include marking for your convenience. 

4. Off Road Ranch, Norfolk, NE

Off Road Ranch in Norfolk is an incredible place to get your fix of off-roading. Motocross bikes, ATVs, and quads are permitted to ride on the various courses. One great feature is the 300-foot sand drag strip to test your skills! 

5. Pine Ridge Ranger District at Nebraska National Forest

Another popular spot for off-roading, this area allows ATVs, dirt bikes, dune buggies, sand trails, trucks, and more. This area is open year-round, barring inclement weather conditions during certain seasons. There are dirt roads and trails throughout Pine Ridge. There is also camping, auto tours, and hunting in the area. 

*Note: Age restrictions, special licenses, and other requirements for off highway vehicles vary from state to state. Before heading out on your OHV, please consult your local regulations.