The Kettle Moraine Northern Unit is comprised of about 30,000 acres stretching 30 miles across Sheboygan, Fond du Lac and Washington Counties. The forest is managed for multiple use, including recreation management, sustainable forest products, water quality and soil protection, terrestrial and aquatic wildlife, native biological diversity and aesthetics.
- The forest is open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
- Forest headquarters: Open 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Henry S. Reuss Ice Age Visitor Center: Open 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday - Friday; and 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. weekends. Hours vary November-March.
- Mauthe Lake Recreation Area entrance station: Memorial Day - Labor Day, Open Saturdays through Thursdays 10 a.m. to 7 p.. and Fridays 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Hours vary during off-season.
- Long Lake Recreation Area Entrance Station: Memorial Day - Labor Day, Open Saturdays through Thursdays 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Fridays 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Hours vary during off-season.